Assistant Resort Manager | Job Vacancy
Are You Organised & Efficient with a Head for Numbers..?
If the answer is yes, you are what we need in the hugely important role of Assistant Resort Manager. As the title suggests, your priority in this role is to not only provide excellent back up to your Resort Manager and team as a whole, but to act as the vital lynch-pin between resort and the Powder White Head Office in London. Responsible for the smooth running of resort logistics, accounts and paperwork, you will help ensure our valued guests are receiving the superb Product they now come to expect from a Powder White holiday. Your fantastic organisational skills will need to come into play when providing detailed reporting & analysis, ensuring that the resort and properties are running to allowances allocated and overseeing logistical procedures alongside other members of your team. All in all, a busy and challenging role for someone to really get their teeth into...
So, What Does the Role Involve..?
- Completing resort operational paperwork accurately and on time. Includes set up and close-down schedules, property information forms, inventories, seasonal reports and fire safety schedules.
- Taking responsibility and being accountable for the resort and chalet weekly accounts as instructed.
- Acting as a main signatory on, and taking responsibility for, the resort bank account and any monies held in resort.
- Processing guest payments for ski packs sold in resort (ski passes, ski school and equipment hire), providing detailed ski pack weekly returns analysis and turnover figures to include Powder White Extras sold in resort.
- Overseeing the issue of Bathroom Accessories, Wine/Champagne Allocations, Crockery/Glassware, Bedlinen and Furnishings/Decoration.
- Continuing valued resort supplier relationships & contracts, ensuring goods are delivered satisfactorily, to the price agreed and ensure payment is taken from guests in resort at the time where applicable.
- Holding weekly resort accounts meetings, working closely with your Resort Manager to ensure that Chalet Host accounts are being completed correctly and on time and ensuring that the allowance is being adhered too.
- Ensuring local shopping supplier accounts (e.g. butcher/baker/supermarket) are operated professionally, in a timely manner and managed/paid on a week to week basis.
- Provide ongoing training to existing and new seasonal staff in terms of reporting and accounts.
- Active involvement in the intensive pre season training of your resort staff.
- Organisation and management of staff incentive scheme and various staff events contributing to the continual motivation and success of your team.
- Providing cover for the Resort Manager in times of absence or sickness and taking responsibility for the resort, staff and guests alike at any such time.
- Undertaking resort and airport transfers where necessary and providing support to your Resort Manager in welcoming incoming guests resulting in a fantastic first impression.
And What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- Great Administrative, Management & Organisational Skills
- Flexible and Proactive Approach with a Really Strong Work Ethic
- Fantastic Accounting and Budgeting Skills
- Superb IT Skills, being totally at ease with using Excel, Word and Accounts Systems. Assistant Resort Manager Snow Flake Keyboard
- Good Understanding of French or German (we really do mean this as you WILL use it!)
- A proven record of Excellent Team Leadership & Participation
- The Ability to "Get Stuck In" & Lead By Example
- The Common-Sense to Prioritise, to Work Independently and Manage Your Time.
- A Strong, Confident (not arrogant!), Personable & Approachable Personality
- An Enthusiasm & Desire on which to Lead by Example
- Fantastic Guest Relations and Interpersonal Skills
- The Love of Hard Work & a "Can-Do" Approach
- Fantastic Communication Skills
- And Last but not Least... a Briliant Sense of Humour!
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at email@example.com. Please note that due to employment constraints, applicants for this position will need to be over the age of 25 and in possession of an EU passport with clean driving license.