Senior Chalet Host - Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Chalet Host looking for progression and a challenge?
We’re looking for energetic and strong Chalet Hosts with previous industry experience to share their wisdom within our larger Resort teams. With your proven Hosting experience we want you to assist in providing ongoing training, support and guidance to the less experienced in your team. You will need to prove a previous very strong work ethic and great guest feedback to demonstrate a desire to meet our exemplary standards of guest care. You will lead from the front to support your resort teams boasting your excellent cooking skills, chalet hygiene and guest rapport reporting directly to the Resort Manager on all Chalet Hosts in the team. You will also not lose touch with the Chalet Hosting role, regularly taking on your own Chalet and assisting others to run theirs. Flexibility and a forward thinking approach is key in this position and the desire to want to experience additional responsibility and a new perspective in the industry, vital.
So What Does the Role Involve..?
This is an incredibly varied and challenging role, perfect for those who have done a season or two (Hosting) and who would like to progress to a level higher. You will work alongside your team mates to ensure the highest levels of customer care are delivered according to Powder White practices; being flexible and responsive is vital here as no two days will be the same and you will often be required to pick up a Chalet last minute where a team mate is absent. You will be your Managers’ rock in this respect and will work closely with them to ensure that the team and chalets are running to the best they possibly can. Do not underestimate this role, you will continue to work normal Chalet Host hours but be required to use huge amounts of initiative and enthusiasm to drive your team forward into delivering what we promise our guests.
- Supporting Hosts in Chalets who require further training in any of the Hosting aspects from cooking and cleaning to building strong relationships with guests.
- Advising Hosts on best practice according to the Powder White manuals and methods.
- Sharing your love and enthusiasm of cooking and hospitality to inspire and encourage fellow team mates.
- Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene that we will provide you (should you not already have this).
- Coordinating additional training and providing cooking demonstrations where required, offering tips and advice to improve a persons ability which will positively contribute to the enjoyment of a guests holidays.
- Reporting operational/staff issues to the Resort Manager and contribute to a formulation of any ongoing training plans required.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the Powder White product to assist the Resort Manager in recognising where certain aspects are missing and to be proactive in rectifying issues found to ensure that the Powder White experience is delivered as sold
- Running any one of our chalets with a moments notice when required.
- Playing a major role in the in resort team sales strategy for the season, maximising sales potential selling ski packs (ski hire/ski passes) as well as Powder White Extras obtaining and processing payments and details of credit/debit cards.
- Working alongside fellow Chalet Hosts on a day to day basis according to your Resort Managers rota-ing and where your expertise is required.
- Assisting in shopping on a weekly basis and working with your Resort Manager to ensure fellow Chalet Hosts are working within allowance and advising where necessary.
- Playing a part in pre season training bringing your experience and enthusiasm to your team to fully support them through setup and beyond.
- Demonstrate extreme pride in undertaking the work you do for a company that wants you to succeed.
- Help your ARM with Chalet Host Accounts ensuring they are completed correctly before submission.
And What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- A great love of food and passion for cooking to good dinner party standard with at least 1 full seasons worth of Chalet Hosting experience.
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to also work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- The desire to progress within the industry and contribute to a forward thinking, proactive company.
- Front line customer service experience, and friendly in any given situation with the ability to logically deal with escalating issues in a calm and confident manner.
- Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research.
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum (provided unless already obtained).
- Proven ability in leadership and desire to develop management skills.
- Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Outgoing and personable with a great sense of humour, a calm disposition and polite even under pressure.
- Inspiring team players, and a willingness to get stuck in with everyone to support the overall success of your resort.
- Ability to listen to others around you.
- The love of meeting new people, building relationships and offering excellent guest relations on our behalf.
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... and who want to willingly work hard for those around them.
- An eagle eye for detail to maintain really high standards that you can be proud of.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- A great sense of humour!
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and 6 day 3 course menu plan and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to employment constraints, applicants for this position will need to be over the age of 18 and in possession of an EU passport.