Chalet Manager | Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Chalet Host who is looking for progression and a challenge?
We’re looking for energetic and strong individuals with previous catering and/or ski industry/Chalet hosting experience to share their wisdom across our Resort teams. You will assist in providing ongoing training, support and guidance to your Chalet Hosts and team as a whole. Being responsible for a given number of chalets, you will lead from the front and work alongside your team mates to ensure the highest levels of customer care, catering and chalet cleanliness are delivered according to Powder White practices.
You will be your Resort Managers’ rock in this respect and will work closely with them to ensure that the team and chalets are running to the best they possibly can, whilst boasting your excellent cooking skills and guest rapport. You will ensure uniformity of the Product and Service across the various properties, whilst ensuring cost control, stock management and H&S practices are followed throughout.
Flexibility and a knowledegable, proactive approach are key in this position and the desire to experience additional responsibility and a new perspective in the industry is vital. Do not underestimate this role, you will continue to work normal Chalet Host hours but be required to use huge amounts of initiative and enthusiasm to drive your team forward into delivering what we promise our guests.
So, What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Regular visits to properties both during and outside service times to ensure standards are being maintained and the Product is being provided as promised.
- Managing and Supporting Hosts in Chalets who require further training in any of the Hosting aspects from cooking and housekeeping to building strong relationships with guests.
- Actively assisting with changeover resort operations from getting the chalets ready to coordinating resort logistics.
- Acting as a Chalet Host, as necessary, covering for staff injury or illness.
- Studying guest feedback weekly and determining, with your Resort Manager, where further guidance, support and training is necessary.
- Assisting and advising hosts with chalet budgeting & shopping and working with your Resort Manager to ensure fellow Chalet Hosts are working within allowance.
- Taking responsibility for all Chalet accounts, ensuring control of expenditure as set out by your Overseas Management team.
And What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- Significant previous experience as a Chalet Host (or similar role) is highly desirable, with a passion for cooking and exceptional customer service.
- Proven track record of working in, and/or leading, a team environment coupled with the ability to work to your own initiative.
- Front line customer service experience with the ability to logically deal with escalating issues in a calm and confident manner.
- Organisation and a desire to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research.
- French or German language skills highly desirable
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... and who want to willingly work hard for those around them.
All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum (provided if not already obtained)
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.