Front of House / Housekeeper | Job Vacancy
Do You Have a Strong Sense of Cleanliness and Excellent Attention to Detail?
We hope so. As becoming one of our hand-selected Front of House/Housekeeping staff members, you are an Ambassador for Powder White and integral to our guests' holiday.
We are looking for candidates with a really strong work ethic who share our passion for providing incredible home from home, guest experiences. We need our Housekeepers to ooze enthusiasm, friendliness and experience so they can round off our promise to provide the ultimate chalet experience for all guests, people who are prepared to go that extra mile to not only meet our and our guests' high expectations but to exceed these with real pride. If you truly believe you have what it takes then we would love to hear from you...
So What Does the Role Involve..?
Variety! You will be required to take a lead and be responsible for the Housekeeping and Front of House duties in your chalet. You will have an eye of detail and you will be exceptionally hard working ... The hours are long, but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
- Take a lead on all Housekeeping and FoH duties to ensure the guests are provided with the Powder White Product as marketed, sold and as trained on.
- Thoroughly clean and tidy guest rooms, dining areas, public areas including hallways and stairs on a daily basis
- Carry out a deep clean of guest rooms and public areas on changeover days & ensure all guest rooms are presented on transfer day to the specified standards
- Manage and motivate your chalet team to maintain the high level of cleanliness and customer service in your chalet
- Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests, serving Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and the Evening meal to arranging ski packs or booking a restaurant.
- Provide the necessary communication between the Kitchen and Dining Area at meal times. Organising the team by delegating tasks and certain tables between yourself and the chalet hosts for a smooth service.
- Manage linen stock and laundry
- Order cleaning materials from your Chalet Manager
- Attend both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Assistant Resort Manager for your chalet. Take on board any feedback and take action where needed.
- Ensure your chalet remains clear from snow in all areas including entrances/exits, balconies, window sills.
- Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
- Shopping on a weekly basis using cash. You will be jointly responsible for staying within an allowance figure allocated, accounting for all expenditure.
- Selling Ski packs (ski hire & passes) as well as PW Extras by obtaining payments and details of credit/debit cards.
- Assist the Chalet Chef and Hosts with cooking when required
What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a front line customer service role.
- Ability/confidence to manage budgets and accounts
- Organisation - natural ability to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- And last, but by no means least, a great sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- Use of a smartphone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/callcharges.)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at email@example.com.