Assistant Resort Manager - Job Vacancy
Are you an approachable, organised, adaptable and engaging person..?
As the Assistant Resort Manager, you will look after all aspects of your guests’ welfare during their holiday and build excellent relationships with them as a confident and helpful person.
You will be supporting your Resort Manager and expect a lot of day-to-day variation in this position. The Assistant Resort Manager will assist the guests in any way possible including selling and arranging ski packs, booking restaurants, taxis and liaising with ski pack suppliers.
You must have a flexible and proactive approach to work whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism and organisation at all times.
So What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Meeting and greeting guests - overseeing their smooth arrival to and departure from resort.
- Maximising in resort ski packs sales for lift passes, ski school & ski hire.
- Deliver lift passes in a timely manner, securing in-resort payments and administration thereof.
- Overseeing ski pack supplier relationships and weekly reconciliations, reporting weekly on figures achieved against set targets.
- Visiting PW Chalets regulalry, responding to guest queries and guest feedback and resolving issues for guests, with the support of your Resort Manager.
- Helping to deal with any concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Booking restaurant’s, events, activities, taxis or anything the guests will require help with.
- Working as part of the rota in providing morning/afternoon in-resort shuttles for certain chalets across your resort and occasional minibus guest transfers to/from airports and local train stations
- Supporting the Chalet Hosts and being and assisting the rest of the Management Team by helping monitor standards, performance, stock levels, cleanliness and health & safety
- Helping to cover resort in Resort Manager absence and on their day off
- Assisting your RM with Resort Administration
What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and knowledgeable approach
- Experience working overseas or seasons an advantage
- Professionalism, good time-keeping, commitment and a strong desire to succeed
- Good Customer service, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Confidence and experience in Sales to ensure maximum performance and provision of Guest Ski Packs - working to deadlines and targets
- Team-player ethos with supervisory skills and a 'get stuck in' approach
- Willing to go the extra mile for your guests
- Good sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- A very good command of spoken French or German - we mean this!
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we will offer you one to undertake before the begnning of the season.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at email@example.com.