Maintenance & Logistics Coordinator - Job Vacancy
Are You a Presentable, Responsible, Hard-Working and a Skilled Trades Person, with experience in driving and logistics management??
Powder White are looking for highly competent and skilled trades people to join our resort teams for Winter 2016/17. Working closely with your Resort Manager, Chalet Managers and Chalet staff, your role requires you to work on the front line and have regular guest interaction. Whether you are doing two transfers a day to Geneva or Chambery or whether you are re-plumbing a loo, re-fixing a shelf or delivering wine to chalets, you will need to be calm, well-presented and professional at all times. A large part of the role is taking responsibility for the Powder White resort vehicles and resort/chalet supplies logistics; this, combined with being a rock to your resort team and providing support and backup to the management, requires you to hold a really strong work ethic, be sociable and open to turning your hand to anything. This role is a great role but its an incredibly hard-working role which often results in long hours, so only the strong and determined to succeed need apply...
So What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Responsibility for resort storage area overseeing stock inventories & continual monitoring of PW assets/guest supplies.
- Stock-taking of wood, wine/champagne and bathroom goodies ensuring accurate records are kept for successful re-ordering without causing unnecessary wastage.
- Overseeing stock and logistics of bed linen/towels; implementing an accurate process to ensure counts with chalet hosts and allocations are always correct.
- Ensuring all elements of the property and appliances are fully functional at all times, whether this be a dishwasher, oven or lamps etc
- Taking full responsibility of the resort vehicles as if they were your own; driving yourself and your passengers with the utmost care, attention and safety, ensuring that the vans themselves are well looked after, secure and clean, as well as being kitted out with all the relevant safety equipment - you are held responsible and accountable for the return of these vehicles therefore it is most important that you take this aspect extremely seriously.
- Working seamlessly with your managers and hosts ensuring the most memorable Powder White experience is delivered (for all the right reasons!)
What Experience & Qualities do You Need..?
- Previous experience of working within a client facing role, able to deal with sometimes difficult and challenging situations in changing environments and the ability to think pro-actively and logically to resolve situations quickly.
- Excellent trade experience and knowledge with a good understanding of plumbing, carpentry and electrics.
- A strong work ethic whilst being prepared to turn your hand to anything and really get stuck in whatever the situation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, for recording stock-takes and Property Maintenance Checks
- And last but not least... a Great Sense of Humour!
- All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
If you feel that you have what it takes to be part of the PW team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the fastest growing, forward thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at email@example.com.