Resort Manager | Job Vacancy
Are You A Confident, Outgoing, Strong, Friendly & Great People Person..?
If so, we would like to speak to you about becoming one of our Resort Managers to represent Powder White and head up a team of staff right on the front line. The role of Resort Manager brings with it an incredibly rewarding experience. There is no doubt that it is extremely hard work and the skills learnt during a winter with us will enable you to take on all manner of situations, both good and bad. Primarily responsible for the management of your resort team (perhaps up to 25 members of staff), you are the primary link between guest and Powder White, ensuring they receive the product in its entirety, dealing with their every request and overseeing the smooth operational running of your resort.
So what does the Role Involve?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities of a Resort Manager fall within the following lines:
- Managing day to day operations, overseeing changeover and transfer operations.
- Quality control on all aspects of the product, including catering, cleanliness and general customer care – this duty will find you completing regular chalet visits and supervising during service times.
- Customer welfare and follow-up; responding to customer feedback in resort and acting, with the necessary sense of urgency in solving issues for your guest and dealing with complaints. Providing detailed reports accordingly.
- Participation in the start of season Chalet Host training and, thereafter, ongoing recruitment and training, over the course of the season.
- Ensuing continual motivation, welfare, discipline and the overall success of your team.
- Taking responsibility for all Chalet and Resort accounts, ensuring control of expenditure as set out by your Overseas Management team.
And What Experience & Qualities do You Need?
- An excellent track record of team management and leadership
- The ability of being able to work independently, using a forward thinking approach and initiative to problem solving.
- Excellent customer service experience
- An ability to stay calm and level-headed under pressure in a variety of different situations, whilst retaining a positive and professional disposition throughout.
- A strong, confident (not arrogant!) personality, whilst remaining personable, approachable and able to drive the team forward in reaching and exceeding all expectations.
- Computer literacy in all areas of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the ability to be at ease with new IT systems.
- Excellent account and budgeting skills, and able to apply the, all very important, attention to detail.
- A good sense of humour!
- All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- A very good command of spoken French or German - we mean this!
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 0208 877 8881 or at email@example.com.