Job vacancies in the London & Overseas Offices
Looking To Further Your Career in The Ski Industry..?
As Powder White enters its 15th season, we are looking to bring on-board like-minded individuals, passionate about the mountains, tirelessly enthusiastic towards any task in hand and dedicated to delivering the most memorable holiday experience yet to our guests. Our Brand is our staff, they are our future and our backbone. Powder White's success is attributed to a great team of highly experienced and motivated staff both in the UK and European resorts and each member of the team is given the opportunity to help us develop and grow as a Business. As part of the team, you will be highly valued and provided with the best training and the highest standard of care and support in the ski industry.
Acting as part of the senior overseas management team:
Based: Powder White Office, Le Praz (winter) / Putney temporarily
Term: Contract - Proposed Start 18th September 2017 (TBC)
London Hours (Sept-Oct) 5 days per week (9.00-17.30)
Winter Months (Nov-Apr): 6 days per week (Le Praz office hours)
Salary: £20,000 subject to UK Tax and NI Deductions (pro rata)
Holiday: 15 days including UK bank holidays (date restrictive in winter months)
Winter Benefits: 3V Ski Pass / Ski Insurance / Use of Company vehicle for work purposes
Seasonal Accommodation in Le Praz
Reporting To: Nikos Vekios, Operations Director (UK based)
This role will initially be based in the Putney Office to enable the successful applicant to fully understand their responsibilities before taking on a general management role in our French Office, working as part of the seasonal management team. A key role with the main objective to facilitate the smooth running of the French and Austrian Chalet Operation in the resorts of Val d'Isere, Courchevel, Meribel and St Anton.
The role will involve overseeing resort operations as a whole, including but not limited to logistics, vehicle and transfer-day operations, service quality within chalets, resort expenditure, back of house processes/systems, alternative resort revenue potential (eg ski packs), staff management and guest welfare.
The successful applicant will be...
- An experienced operational manager preferably within the travel sector
- A strong staff manager with motivational skills in a challenging environment
- Fluent in French with a good understanding of German useful
- Flexible to deal with a large variety of operational issues, on occasion dealing with multi-faceted problem solving in what can sometimes be a high-pressure environment
- Organised with a head for figures and good computer literacy
- A strong people person when dealing diplomatically with suppliers/guests/team members
- Holder of a full European driving license with experience of driving in Europe
- An EU passport holder with UK NI Number
Main Duties will include...
- Shadowing Operations Director
- Administrative, Logistical and Operational tasks necessary for season preparation
- Helping Properties & Supplier Executive with Store-Room Management, Inventories and Property paperwork
- Assisting with Pre-Season Maintenance Plans where applicable
- Participate in Senior Resort staff recruitment
- Ensuring company standards are upheld in all chalets at all times, working closely with the team to check the PW Product is being delivered to guests, in line with our H&S guidelines
- General problem solving including guest issues which cannot be handled by the Resort Manager and overseeing staff issues in resort where necessary
- Overseeing procurement & shopping for both resorts and central store-room stocks
- Manifest management/guest welfare & reviewing complaints-taking corrective action in response to guest feedback when needed
- Vehicle upkeep and responsibility for company fleet, overseeing movement of vehicles and running the Powder Shuttle & Third Party Supplier weekly transfer schedule
- Working closely with the Company Accountant and Operations Director in overseeing Central, Resort and Chalets' Expenditure
- Allocating various weekly budgets, ensuring these figures are worked to and implementing action plans in cases of overspend
Stores & Logistics:
- Ensuring beginning of season allocations are planned appropriately and allocated to their respective properties/resort store.
- Overseeing Central & Resort Stores, collating stock-take information, ensuring all stores are fully equipped with Chalet items and Consumables as necessary
- PW Asset Stock Management through coordinating movements in and out of the Company’s central store in Bourg, St. Maurice
- Manage the supply chain of centrally ordered and delivered consumables such as wine & champagne, toiletries, etc. ensuring the resorts are adequately (but not over) stocked.
- Facilitate end of season stores' closure and ensure these are all fully inventorised
Staff Management, Recruitment and Training:
- Working closely with Resort Management on staff performance & management-advising on disciplinary action where necessary
- Advise and help the Resort Management and Chalet Staff – manage and motivate the teams to ensure staff retention & performance
- Overseeing the weekly staff rota's
- In-season resort staff recruitment, including interviewing, to ensure sufficient staffing levels – working with the Ops & HR Exec in the UK
- Assisting with preparation, and thereafter delivery of the pre-season Training Programme and accompanying guide material
This role is currently intended on a contract basis between September 2017 & April 2018. It could progress to a career building permanent role based on performance and potential growth of The Company.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Nikos Vekios: email@example.com or post it to Powder White, 2 Woodlands Way, Putney, SW15 2SX and we will be in touch regarding your application for the role of Overseas Operations Manager.
- Location: 2 Woodlands Way, Putney, SW15 2SX
- Proposed Salary: Basic £20k with OTE £24k, Review on 1st September 2018 and thereafter yearly
- Proposed Start: August 2017
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays (date restrictive)
- Perks: Free Powder White catered chalet holiday / Cycle to work scheme
- Hours: 9.00-5.00 Summer & 9.00-6.00 Winter with evening phone cover and Saturday work during peak periods.
Powder White is an imaginative, forward-thinking company who is at the head of the game by offering a first-class service both pre-holiday and in resort, online booking through a state of the art booking system and new-look website, and a superb knowledge base with dedicated one on one sales and customer experience. A Head Office role will give you the opportunity to be an ambassador for the entire Powder White Holiday experience; the first voice that our guests hear is the very voice that builds valuable rapport with our guests and means that we can boast very high levels of guest loyalty and an enviable International client base.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Good sales experience
- Preferable knowledge of all our current chalet programme resorts (St Anton, Meribel, Courchevel, Val d'Isere) as well as other leading French resorts
- Excellent communication skills with a real focus on customer service
- A good knowledge of ski resort operations including good chalet holiday knowledge, and preferably apt and hotels
- Good IT skills to include Excel and internet (training given on the Powder White database / SalesForce CRM)
- Outgoing personality with the drive to succeed and "close the deal"
- Team-player with a calm disposition, always helpful especially at peak time, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Willingness to help out in other areas (operations and/or admin) when required
- Basic knowledge of French and/or German ideal but not essential
- UK work permit with UK NI number
- Convert inbound enquiries to sales and manage the entire process via the SalesForce CRM system.
- Tailoring the chalet holiday experience to your client’s requirements.
- Achieve and exceed Weekly / Monthly sales targets for both Chalet sales and Holiday extras.
- Taking ownership and accountability for your bookings and ensuring data quality.
- Managing the accounts of current Powder White guests to maintain relations and encourage re-booking.
As a successful candidate joining the London Head Office you will be knowledgeable and professional, naturally engaging and charismatic. Being part of our core UK-based team means that you will be in the thick of the action, working in close proximity to all departments involved in putting this huge operation together. The office is high energy and particularly during the winter, the environment is electric. You will therefore need to maintain focus and always have your sense of humour with you!
By joining our team in the UK, you will be given the chance to make a positive difference and be at the heart of something different. We hope you have what it takes!
Email your CV and Cover Letter to Duncan Ogilvie: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Powder White, 2 Woodlands Way, Putney, SW15 2SX and we will be in touch regarding your application for the role of Chalet Account Executives.