Are you looking to do a ski season but not sure what cookery school to go with?
You will increase your chances of securing a job with Powder White by completing one of the Cookery Courses below.
With all the courses remember to quote ‘Powder White’ when you book on!
Tante Marie create and design the superb Powder White Menus.
The Chalet Cooks Academy is a fun and informative 4-week course covering the foundations of cookery and guided menu planning activities and practical’s – putting your newly acquired cooking and hosting skills into action.
This course is specifically designed to cover everything needed to be a successful chalet cook. However, we also recommend it to those looking to gain a new life skill of practical cookery – whether considering a career in food or simply broadening their home cooking range.
Included in your course:
- Professional chef’s whites
- Chef’s apron
- Chef’s knives
- Tante Marie Recipe file
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- CTH Level 2 Award in Culinary skills
- Certificate of Attendance
- Job application guidance and support, including CV writing
- Bespoke ‘Guide to Chalet Hosting’ via our Virtual Learning Environment
- All ingredients and equipment
- Lunch each day
- Professional teaching in state of the art kitchens taught in small groups
We are giving away 2 spaces on our Chalet Cooks Academy course for you and a friend to get the best possible preparation for a ski season. Click here for details and to enter.
- Want to come with a group of friends? We offer discounts for group bookings. Call one of the team to find out more.
Dates for the course are:
- 2nd July – 27th July 2018
- 24th September – 19th October 2018
- 24th October – 21st November 2018
If you are looking to do this course, please call us on 020 8877 8881 as you could be eligible for a 10% discount
Food of Course
As well as the standard cookery course content, you will be helped to master all the areas below during an interesting and fun 4-week intensive cookery course:
- Menu Planning and working to a budget
- How to prepare your CV; how and where to apply for jobs (Powder White!)
- Time Management: how to work, ski, and have fun
- Chalet store cupboards, planning your shopping
- Children’s meals planning and preparation
- How to keep your kitchen clean; essential cleanliness and hygiene
- Preparing for Christmas
“Our fun, hands-on chalet chef course runs over 7 intensive, action-packed days and covers the content that other courses take two weeks to complete.” You will cover:
- All the fundamentals required to gain employment in the ski industry
- Time management and menu planning
- Key chef and cookery skills that you can rely on
- Relevant 7-day menus
- Nutritional and special diets advice
- Food presentation
- Table setting and basic wine comprehension
- Level 2 Food & Hygiene certificate
Courses are running in July and October.
We offer one-week residential courses in North Cornwall, uniquely designed to provide you with the necessary skills to become all-round chalet hosts and get the best out of your ski season. We teach you how to prepare and cook chalet style meals and use our own experience as current chalet hosts to provide up-to-date knowledge of the role. The course covers the full spectrum of chalet host responsibilities and the course structure replicates a typical chalet day so you get a realistic experience – working hard and making the most of time off to check out what Cornwall has to offer!
- High-quality accommodation for 7 nights in chalet style cottages in Cornwall, 200 meters from the beach (linen and towels provided)
- 7 days fully catered, including cooked breakfasts, cakes, hot lunch and 3-course evening meal served with wine
- Collection from local train station/airport and ample parking available
- Comprehensive 6 days tuition and personal references on request
- Fresh Tracks Course Manual, Cookbook and Chalet Host CV Writing Kit
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Course
- Timetabled personal time and half day free session
- Discounted surf lessons
Established by experienced Alpine seasonnaires, The Hive Cookery School runs one and two-week courses, training aspiring chalet hosts to be the best in the business. Students get to live and learn in a typical alpine chalet in Les Arcs, and pupils will learn how to run a chalet confidently and successfully from experienced chalet hosts. Courses run throughout the summer, from July to October.
We will cover the following topics in varying depths:
- Food and personal hygiene (including Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate accredited by City & Guilds)
- Essential kitchen skills & Knife skills
- Food presentation
- Menu planning
- Budgeting and shopping
- Catering for large numbers
- Dealing with dietary requirements
- Table dressing and setting the atmosphere
- How to host and manage guests
- Chopping wood & laying a fire
- Wine & cheese tasting session
- Cleaning the chalet
- Chalet maintenance
- Time management
- Cooking for Kids & at altitude
- Breakfasts, Afternoon tea, Canapés, Evening Meal, Christmas Dinner
- CV writing and interview technique
It is The Avenue Cookery School’s aim, as a family-run school, to teach you an understanding of food and all you need to know about hosting a Chalet. From cooking, cleaning and helping you find that all important job, you will leave confident in hosting while making time for a fun season on the slopes!
They teach all of this during their upbeat and hands-on carefully structured 1 and 2-week courses while incorporating love and enthusiasm and a relaxed atmosphere in their South West London based kitchen. For those that live out of London, they have accommodation options available!
What We Offer
- Efficient and intensive training
- Professional knowledge and experience
- Hands-on cooking
- Knowledge of dietary requirements
- Tips for hosting, cooking and cleaning
- Wine tasting and origins of alcohol talk
- The Avenue Chalet Host Cooking Course Certificate
- Ski company introductions
- Fun kitchen environment
- Help through the recruitment process including CV and cover letter check
- Ingredients & equipment all provided
- The Avenue Chalet Host Bible
- Food Safety Level 2 Certificate
- An Avenue Cookbook
- An Avenue Apron
In Summary… We love people who love people. So if you do too and want to be part of this, part of something different, then we invite you to apply now and join our successful, dynamic and forward-thinking company to be part of this memorable year in our History. Apply for a Powder Job today.