Discover The 6 Best Glacier Ski Resorts
Head to a glacier ski resort this year to guarantee yourself great snow conditions on your ski holiday.
Zermatt, Switzerland – Vast Ski Area
Enjoy the runs on endless pistes with a spectacular backdrop of mountains. At almost 4000 metres of altitude, Matterhorn ski paradise is the highest winter sports area in the Alps. Apart from guaranteed snow conditions, the region is one of the best-developed and extensive ski resorts anywhere in the world.
- Largest summer skiing area in Europe
- Impressive views of the Matterhorn
- Pistes at almost 4000m altitude
Tignes/Val d’Isere, France – Great Ski & Apres Ski
In the high altitude resort Tignes, one enjoys skiing until the beginning of May. From the end of June onwards, there is summer skiing at the Grande Motte Glacier.
- Family-friendly glacier ski resort
- Breathtaking panoramic views
- Glacier snowpark
Les Deux Alpes, France – Glacier Snowpark
The 2 ALPES, an altitude resort for exceptional winter holidays! An area accessible to the whole family where everyone, beginner or experienced, will find something to satisfy his desires for skiing.
- Good selection of beginner’s slopes on the glacier
- Lively ski resort atmosphere
- Renowned glacier snowpark
Click for Les Deux Alpes Ski Hotel recommendations
Alpe d’Huez, France – Island Of The Sun
Alpe d’Huez is suitable for skiers and snowboarders at both ends of the skills graph, as well as in the middle. The terrain here is as well suited to experts as it is to beginners, while confident intermediates will have a ball.
- Nicknamed the “Island of the Sun”
- Lots of activities for non-skiers
- Varied nightlife and excellent cuisine
Hintertux Glacier, glacier skiing in style
At the Hintertux Glacier – Austria’s only all-year-round ski resort – you hit the heights: Ski runs as far as you can see and fantastic panoramic views from the Dolomites to the Zugspitze, Worldcup-Halfpipe, Funpark and beautiful sun terraces.
- Year-long snowpark with halfpipe
- Access to 3250m of altitude for disabled skiers
- Open 365 days a year
Click for Mayrhofen Ski Hotel recommendations
Kaprun, Austria – Water Ski and Ski
The Kitzsteinhorn is legendary: it`s not just a glacier – it`s THE glacier.
Salzburg`s highest ski area offers an unparalleled Alpine experience 365 days a year. It`s here that the winter season begins.
- Quaint, a family-friendly resort town
- Snow park with halfpipe
- Summertime you can ski the morning and water ski in the afternoon.
New from December 2019: 3K K-onnection to Langwiedboden and into the Kitzsteinhorn glacier
We hope you enjoyed our Glacier Ski Resorts blog post. Leave a comment below on your favourite glacier ski resorts