Latest News In Val d’Isere
Posted by George Biffen
Last updated on January 16th, 2018 at 06:05 pm
Here you will find the latest updates in the resort over the seasons. Anything from a new chair lift being build to a new restaurant in town. We will be keeping you in the “snow”.
Latest News In Val d’Isere
€200m development for Val d’Isere (2017)
Plans were announced earlier this year, but were waiting for approval, which has now been given.
Traffic will be moved underground making the centre more pedestrianised, easier access to the front de neige will be created and many shops, restaurants and businesses will be relocated and re-homed in buildings in keeping with the overall style of the project.
Highlights of the project:
- New underground moving walkway to get skiers to the slopes more easily
- New underground bus station and roads
- New creche and kindergarden
- New welcome centre and tourist office
- New 50 room hotel and 20 apartment residence housing 4 bed apartments
- Val Tower – a new feature including a restaurant, residence and the entrance to the ‘water drop’, shops and cafes
- La Tarentaise hotel, connected to Val Tower
- New covered pedestrian area around the Petit Danois
- New shopping street – including shops such as La Poudreuse, Bar Jacques and Le Lodge
- Vaquier zone – a new area built in the same style as the overall project, to house relocated businesses
- New co-ownership properties at the top of Rue du Coin (see video from the Property developers Athena Advisers below)
(source – See the World)
Gondola Upgrade (2016/ 17)
“New gondola for 16-17 is the biggest news in a decade for Val d’Isère” The Solaise gondola is the last phase of the two-year €16 million redevelopment, reaching 2500m at the top.
The new gondola will include:
- 10-person gondola with 91 cabins
- 7-minute journey making it one of the fastest in the world
- 40% more capacity
- Heated seats
- WiFi- time to share those mountain selfies.
- Choice of using the exterior baskets or inside space for your skis and boards to speed up loading time.
It will also have less of environmental impact as they have reduced the number of lift stations from 8 with 34 pylons to just 2 with 16 pylons. Also, as the gondola machinery is buried underground, this significantly reduces the noise impact on our little inhabitant friends who we share the mountain with.
New Beginner Area (2016/ 17)
At the top of the gondola will be the perfect pitch for learning first steps on skis and snowboard. They will have 3 magic carpets lifts and the ideal slope for beginners to build their ability and confidence before heading out to explore the rest of Val d’Isere.
We hope you found Latest News In Val d’Isere post helpful.
If you would like more assistance or accommodation advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our holiday experts below.
* These fields are required.