Area Maintenance Executive - France
Acting as part of the senior overseas management team
Based: Courchevel, Le Praz, France with regular travel to PW’s 3 French Resorts of Meribel, Courchevel, Val d’Isere
Term: Contract - Proposed Start 22nd October 2018 (TBC) - in Alps
Holiday: 25 days per annum pro rata (based on contract length 12.5 days - no more than 3 consecutive work days)
Other Benefits: Seasonal Ski Pass
Emergency Accident Insurance
Seasonal Accommodation in France by way of own room in shared apartment
Salary: £Highly Competitive
Reporting To: Nikos Vekios, Operations Director (UK based)
The main responsibilities of the role fall across Property Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance & Logistics Coordination. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the properties such as our chalets in Courchevel and appliances, across our 3 French Resorts are in good working order at all times, that Vehicles are being looked after and well maintained by the local teams and that the 3 Resorts are sufficiently stocked with necessary consumable supplies as well as PW inventory items and that stock management processes are adhered to throughout.
Pre & Early Season
- Administrative, Logistical and Operational tasks necessary for season preparation
- Working with the Area Manager, Properties & Supplier Manager and Product Executive on the organisation of relevant contracts & paperwork, store-room management and property preparation, overseeing any chalet improvements agreed with property owners & assisting with any pre-season maintenance plans (with the help of our Properties & Suppliers Manager)
- During setup, define (and agree with the Operations team on) individual chalet supplies/ inventory items (non-consumable) needed and source (either internally from Bourg store or purchasing on the ground). Prepare allocations
- Manage any additional set-up period requests from chalets/resorts
- Contributing in Resort Teams’ Training, as necessary
- Working closely with the 3 resort teams, you will ensure all properties and appliances are fully operational and in good working order
- Chalet Maintenance and Day to Day Property Management including Fixtures/Fittings, Replacement Orders, Purchasing etc. (with the help of our Properties & Suppliers Manager)
- The above will find you visiting each resort 1-2 times a week (or as often as workload demands) undertaking plumbing, basic electrical and carpentry work and general repairs/ maintenance
- Working with the local teams in ensuring any other, ‘small’ day-to-day repairs are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner by the local teams, minimising inconvenience caused to guests
- Ensuring H&S practices are followed across all properties across the 3 Resorts. Collating & overseeing weekly Safety reports from Resorts
- Ensuring local teams do all regular Jacuzzi chemical checks and that the Jacuzzis are well look after
- Liaising with local tradesmen and PW suppliers, regarding routine checks/tasks and ad hoc maintenance, as necessary
- Complete control of the PW Central Warehouse in Bourg, St. Maurice, where all Resort stores replenish from. This will involve stock-taking and record keeping tasks
- Overseeing start of season stocks and chalet allocations, following up with resort teams throughout the season to ensure stocks are at sufficient levels
- Collect deliveries from suppliers and allocate supplies to Resorts, ensuring accurate records are kept for successful re-ordering. Ensuring that accurate store room stock takes and the appropriate record keeping is adhered to by the resort teams, ensuring minimal wastage and sufficient stocks at the same time
- Coordinate chalet supplies (non-consumable) requests from and distribution to resorts (e.g. kitchenware, glassware, snow clearing equipment, shower gels, etc.)
- Managing the supply chain of centrally ordered and delivered consumables such as wine & champagne, toiletries, etc. Receive weekly stock sheets, identify needs for re-ordering, placing orders, confirm received orders, etc.
- Facilitate end of season stores' closure and ensure these are all fully inventorised
- Managing the company fleet of vehicles; ensuring maintenance, upkeep and that the vans themselves are well looked after, secure and clean, as well as being kitted out with all the relevant safety equipment
- Ensuring driving duties (Piste Shuttles, Transfers etc.) are conductd across resorts with the utmost care, attention and safety, often under challenging weather conditions.
- Administering and overseeing any vehicle damages, accidents & repairs, with the help of your Area Manager
- The above tasks will involve regular Safety & Other checks that will need to take place across the resorts. This will involve administration and record-keeping tasks and will find you directly managing drivers across the 3 French Resorts
- With the help of your Area Manager, overseeing Transfer day logistics and movements, being in hand for emergencies and support to other drivers
- Conducting Airport Transfers on Changeover days, as necessary
End of Season
- Ensuring all Powder White stock is returned to relevant store-rooms and accounted for
- Support the Overseas Operations Team to ensure smooth closing down of all resorts
- Coordinate vehicle repairs etc.
Office hours during the season are flexible however they will tend to be based on 8.00-11.00am & 4.00-7.00pm on 6 days of the week. Due to the nature of your role, you will be out on the road a lot when dealing with maintenance, central storage, logistics and deliveries to resorts etc.
This role is currently intended on a contract basis between October 2018 & April 2019, however there is every chance it could progress to a career building permanent role based on performance and potential growth of The Company.
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are sadly unable to get back to everyone who applies to us. We are doing our best to get through every application, but there may be a bit of a delay in getting back to you. If this is the case, please bear with us, and we thank you in advance for your patience. Unfortunately, if you haven't heard from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful. However, we may be back in touch at a later point if we feel a suitable position has come up.