Are you an experienced chef looking for more responsibility and a challenge..?
Then this is a great opportunity to combine your love for producing fantastic food with skiing in one of the most beautiful locations in Europe. You will work as part of a team to provide the very best experience in a chalet that can cater for up to 26 guests. The moment your guests arrive in resort they are met by smiling faces and the smell of mouth-watering food. The food of a chalet can make or break a guests’ holiday so our Chefs need have a good background in high-end catering and the confidence to produce food alongside an Assistant to a very high standard. Naturally, this requires you to be organised, professional and independent. Our Chefs aren’t tucked away and hidden from the guests. On the contrary, they will play a front line role in helping guests as much as possible. You will go the extra mile to make them feel relaxed and comfortable and exceed any expectations they may have. If you feel like you have all of the above then we would love to hear from you!
So what does the Role Involve?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Providing all of the catering within one of our larger chalets which caters for up to 24 guests. This will include a hot breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s suppers and 3- course evening meals with canapes and cheese (on 6 days).
- Managing all fresh and dry stock in the kitchen. This will involve weekly budgeting and shopping for ingredients, working to an allowance allocated and menu guidelines.
- Consistently maintaining a very high standard of food for your guests.
- Ensuring your kitchen and storage areas are kept at an extremely high level of cleanliness. Adhering to all food hygiene regulations (HACCP) including temperature checks of refrigerators/freezers, date dots on all fresh produce and daily monitoring of high risk items.
- Working within the chalet team to ensure that they are capable of assisting you in the kitchen when needed.
- Ingratiating yourself into the resort team in assisting with deliveries into the chalet, snow clearing, cleaning and helping guests with and luggage and ski’s etc.
And What Experience & Qualities do You Need?
- Minimum of one years experience in a chef role in a professional kitchen or at least two seasons of catering to a high standard for a large chalet.
- A food/catering qualification or cookery course certificate
- A passion for producing well presented, delicious meals whilst taking pride in what you do
- Hard working – you will often be the first member of staff in the chalet!
- Confident and self-motivated. You may or may not have the benefit of an Assistant Chef so an independent and creative mind is needed.
- Friendly, team-working, welcoming and helpful personality.
- A sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- Use of a smartphone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/callcharges.)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and 6 day 3 course menu plan and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 020 8877 8881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.