Are you an experienced Chalet Host who is looking for progression and a challenge?
We’re looking for energetic and strong individuals with previous catering and/or ski industry/Chalet hosting experience to share their wisdom across our Resort teams. You will assist in providing ongoing training, support and guidance to your Chalet Hosts and team as a whole. Being responsible for a given number of chalets, you will lead from the front and work alongside your team mates to ensure the highest levels of customer care, catering and chalet cleanliness are delivered according to Powder White practices.
You will be your Resort Managers’ rock in this respect and will work closely with them to ensure that the team and chalets are running to the best they possibly can, whilst boasting your excellent cooking skills and guest rapport. You will ensure uniformity of the Product and Service across the various properties, whilst ensuring cost control, stock management and H&S practices are followed throughout.
Flexibility and a knowledegable, proactive approach are key in this position and the desire to experience additional responsibility and a new perspective in the industry is vital. Do not underestimate this role, you will continue to work normal Chalet Host hours but be required to use huge amounts of initiative and enthusiasm to drive your team forward into delivering what we promise our guests.
So, What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Active involvement in the intensive pre season training of your resort staff, as well as continual mentoring and training over the course of the season.
- Regular visits to properties both during and outside service times to ensure standards are being maintained and the Product is being provided as promised.
- Managing and Supporting Hosts in Chalets who require further training in any of the Hosting aspects from cooking and housekeeping to building strong relationships with guests.
- Actively assisting with changeover resort operations from getting the chalets ready to coordinating resort logistics.
- Acting as a Chalet Host, as necessary, covering for staff injury or illness.
- Studying guest feedback weekly and determining, with your Resort Manager, where further guidance, support and training is necessary.
- Visiting PW Chalets regularly, responding to guest queries and guest feedback and resolving issues for guests, with the support of your Resort Manager.
- General customer welfare and follow-up, liaising with guests, responding to feedback and queries
- Helping to deal with any concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Assisting and advising hosts with chalet budgeting & shopping and working with your Resort Manager to ensure fellow Chalet Hosts are working within allowance.
- Taking responsibility for all Chalet accounts (with the help of your Resort Manager), ensuring control of expenditure as set out by your Overseas Management team.
- Monitor, manage and advise on stock management practices, ensuring efficiency and minimisation of wastage; food, wine, laundry items etc. Assisting the Chalet teams with placing weekly food and other orders and receiving deliveries.
- Responsibility for resort storage area(s), overseeing stock inventories & continual monitoring of PW assets/guest supplies.
- Stock-taking of wood, wine/champagne and bathroom goodies ensuring accurate records are kept for successful re-ordering.
- Involved in Laundry logistics as necessary.
- Working as part of the rota in providing morning/afternoon in-resort shuttles for certain chalets across your resort (if applicable). Undertaking other driving duties as necessary.
And What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- Significant previous experience as a Chalet Host (or similar role) is highly desirable, with a passion for cooking and exceptional customer service.
- Proven track record of working in, and/or leading, a team environment coupled with the ability to work to your own initiative.
- Front line customer service experience with the ability to logically deal with escalating issues in a calm and confident manner.
- Organisation and a desire to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research.
- French or German language skills highly desirable
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... and who want to willingly work hard for those around them.
All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum (provided if not already obtained)
If you feel that you have what it takes to join the Powder White team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the Industry's fastest growing, forward-thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 020 8877 8881 or at email@example.com.