Maintenance & Logistics Coordinator
Are you a Responsible, Hard-Working and a Skilled trades person, with experience in driving and logistics?
Powder White are looking for highly competent and skilled trades people to join our resort teams for Winter 2018/19. Working closely with your Resort Management team and Chalet staff, your role requires you to work on the front line and have regular guest interaction. Whether you are doing transfers to Geneva or Chambery or whether you are re-plumbing a loo, re-fixing a shelf or delivering wine to chalets, you will need to be calm, well-presented and professional at all times.
A large part of the role is taking responsibility for the Powder White resort vehicles and resort/chalet supplies logistics; this, combined with being a rock to your resort team and providing support and backup to the management, requires you to hold a really strong work ethic, be sociable and open to turning your hand to anything. This role is a great role but its an incredibly hard-working role which often results in long hours, so only the strong and determined to succeed need apply...
So What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Ensuring all properties and appliances are fully operational and in good working order. This will find you being involved with plumbing, basic electrical and carpentry work.
- Working with your Chalet Manager(s) and other Chalet staff ensuring all repairs are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner, minimising inconvenience caused to guests.
- Ensuring H&S practices are followed across all properties.
- Undertaking pool/Jacuzzi/sauna daily checks and upkeep as necessary and where relevant.
- Responsibility for resort storage area(s), overseeing stock inventories & continual monitoring of PW assets/guest supplies.
- Undertaking regular movements in and out of your stores and chalets, whilst keeping a good record of all movements of stocks.
- Stock-taking of wood, wine/champagne and bathroom goodies ensuring accurate records are kept for successful re-ordering.
- Adhering to local recycling rules and practices. Working with the Chalet teams in ensuring that all relevant procedures are followed.
- Involved in Chalet shopping and Laundry logistics as necessary.
- Taking full responsibility of the resort vehicles; undertaking airport transfers, offering in-resort shuttle service and driving yourself and your passengers with the utmost care, attention and safety, often under challenging weather conditions.
- Ensuring that the vans themselves are well looked after, secure and clean, as well as being kitted out with all the relevant safety equipment.
- The above tasks will involve regular Safety & Other checks that will need to be conducted and fed through to senior Resort and/or Overseas Ops Management.
- Working seamlessly with your managers and hosts ensuring the most memorable Powder White experience is delivered (for all the right reasons!)
- Being flexible and willing to jump in and help your peers on any areas that they may need your support, as you would expect to be supported yourself.
What Experience & Qualities do You Need..?
- Previous experience of working within a client facing role, able to deal with sometimes difficult and challenging situations in changing environments and the ability to think pro-actively and logically to resolve situations quickly.
- Excellent trade experience and knowledge with a good understanding of plumbing, carpentry and electrics.
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude; being prepared to turn your hand to anything and get the job done.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, for recording stock-takes and Property Maintenance Checks
- And last but not least... a great sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
- EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
If you feel that you have what it takes to be part of the PW team, then we would love to hear from you. As one of the fastest growing, forward thinking, leading and most exciting Ski Companies, we are keen to meet candidates who share our passion for the mountains and for our love of people... Do please get in touch.
To apply, click on the "Apply Online" button below that will take you through to our online application form. Please attach a CV and covering letter and answer the short list of simple questions. For any queries you can contact our recruitment team on 020 8877 8881 or at email@example.com.